Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Work day stress

Well things are getting worse at my job.

I am a supervisor, and though I'd love to just walk out of here, it's not like I have anyone knocking down my door trying to hire me. It's also not like I have that option. What I used to think was my responsibility apparently isn't any longer, and now I'm left with 40 hours a week of twiddling my thumbs and pretending like the people that work for me aren't hiding something.

One girl goes to the bathroom every so often, and is gone for 20 minutes at a time. She notoriously shows up late for work, returns nearly half an hour past her actual 30 minute lunch, and does just enough to stay off the radar. Or she did, until they gave me less to do and now I've started nit-picking.

One of the guys likes to go to lunch early (it's one of those places where everyone takes lunch and breaks at the same time) and come back late. He also likes to stand in front of the fans and blow his stink across the cage. Everyday he stops working a little bit earlier than he should, and instead of actually walking around the warehouse to get something done he likes to steal whatever forklift is sitting around and drive it. One last thing he does, and this is just me complaining, is invade my personal space. If I am on the phone or at my desk attempting to work, he likes to walk behind me, set boxes clearly in my way, and all around ignore the fact that I'm even there. I wrote him up today (for attendance - not because he annoys me), so I don't think he'll be ignoring me for long.

Another one of the guys is the one that's just "too nice." It's a warehouse job, and I realize it requires little to no skill, and we pay entirely too well for this too, but there's no reason to just let people walk all over you. If someone leaves an empty box laying in the walkway, that someone should pick it up. But this guy is constantly doing everything anyone tells him. Normally, that's a good thing. Except when it interferes with his normal daily job functions.

Another person (not under my supervision) seems to refuse to flush the toilet. And I always end up going in right after her. Gross. Gross. Gross.


The newest girl that has wormed her way into my department is the lowest of the low. I think I'll save her for her very own special post. And maybe by then she'll be gone.


A girl can dream.

No comments: