Friday, September 10, 2010

I am so exhausted.

I had been putting off cleaning the house for at least a month. I know it sounds disgusting. I kept convincing myself that it really wasn't that dirty because no one was home most of the time. My parents went out of town to NYC, and I had to go over everyday to visit with my grandmother. I know I didn't actually have to, but I offered to keep her company.

I'd come home exhausted from whatever it was she had me do. I was also a "pool monitor" for my mother's neighbor HOA. Not a bad gig, actually. They paid me to sit at the pool in 4 hour shifts to make sure no one tried to break in. Apparently the HOA is super paranoid about it, but hey, essentially free money. I developed a delicious tan as a result, and while I have never been one to tan, I am pleased with the look. So that took up my weekends. After sitting 4 hours in 100 degree weather, the last thing I wanted to do was come home and clean.


My house is hot. It has always been hot, and will most likely always be hot. The air conditioner is too small for the house, so as a result it doesn't get much cooler than 15 to 20 degrees less than outside. It's a real killer on both my electric bill and my sanity. When doing things like vacuuming, moping, moving furniture, etc .. it gets really super hot in there thus leading me to not want to do anything besides what Real Housewives. I can't help it, I'm obsessed.

Anyhow, today I finally said "I can't take it anymore!" My house was cluttered, covered in dog hair, and just downright filthy. So I sent the dogs outside, sprayed their room with super disinfectant, sprayed the carpets, dusted, vacuumed, got under the couch and even in the closet. Their "room" takes the longest because, well because they're dogs. Orson sheds like no one's business, and Lylah lays in the same spot so often she's worn her butt into it. A few weeks ago I had to break down and put a cheap area rug down to prevent them from wearing the carpet more than normal. It's helping some, and definitely easier to clean, but it walks across the room, you know? Sometimes I wish I had never let the dogs inside, but then I remember how Lylah got out of the fence that one time and my heart just can't take it. They're lazy dogs, and one look in their eyes tells me they never want to go back outside. My heart melts every time Orson looks at me with those huge puppy dog eyes. Especially when I've had a bad day and I sit at the computer crying. He just lays his head on my leg, and Lylah lays down at my feet. It's the sweetest thing in the world.

And that, my friends, is why I never want kids.

After conquering their room, I went to Mabel's. Yes, the guinea pig has her own room. I built her this awesome cage that takes up most of the floor space in the room and because of that the room wasn't really being used. So I moved my sewing gear in there and I am pleased. The room is a little cramped, but since we never have guests (at least not those that stay the night) I am considering packing the bed into one of the larger closets, and moving my work bench from the garage in there. Yup, after writing it down I think I'm going to do that next weekend or so.

I moved most of my furniture around, finally got up all the damn animal hair and even built a small bookcase. My cookbooks were getting a little out of hand, and I don't have a lot of counter space to begin with .. so a small bookcase made since. I am pleased with it.

But now my feet hurt, my back hurts, my arms are sore, and I made my little toe bleed. It was a full day.


Tomorrow, I pick up my wedding dress! I'm excited. It's only been two months since I've seen it, but I still want to put it on. I also plan to do some serious shoe shopping as well. Every girl needs a reason to buy a sexy new pair of pumps!

No comments: