Friday, October 15, 2010

Nothing's gonna hold me down ..

Oh no, I've got to keep on movin ...


Anyhow, this is not how planning a wedding should be. I realize it is stressful at times, and I realize that no one else really even cares about it all .. but at the same time I feel like at lease one other person should care. Namely .. my family.

My mom tells me she wants to be involved, but when it comes time to the nitty gritty and you know, actually looking at ideas, creating ideas, planning this that and the other .. she's no where to be found. She says she's tired, or she doesn't feel well. Ok, fine. I should just let it go, right?
Wrong. How can someone feel bad every day for months on end? And if they do, don't you think they'd do something to fix it? Sure, it's easier to sit there and say "We'll do it tomorrow" but when tomorrow never comes, I start to detach, so to speak.

I really am tired of being the only one interested in planning this wedding. G doesn't really care about the details, he sort of just wants it over with. I care about the details because this will likely be my only wedding. I want input, I want help, I want the whole mother-daughter bonding experience that is supposed to be this stupid wedding!



Sigh. I suppose I just wish she'd think about my feelings on the matter for a change. For the past few months, when I've gone over to show her something related to the wedding, she either ignores it or thinks of some reason to leave the room. It's gotten to the point that I just do not want to go over there anymore.

I almost don't want any of this to happen. G and I can just get married at the courthouse by a JoP and be done with it.

Friday nights at home alone just don't go over well anymore. Back to Land Before Time and delicious hot cocoa.

1 comment:

:::b r a n d i::: said...

I know I'm not Mom, but I am totally willing to help in any way I can. And sorry...I can imagine what you're dealing with.