Thursday, January 03, 2013

I'll be honest here. It's pretty obvious I don't post here often. Part of me wants to post and get all these stupid feelings out, the other part of me just wants to keep my mouth shut and get on with my life.

I grew up a lot in the past year, and while I hope to continue that particular journey, I doubt you'll see much of me out here in the blog-o-sphere.


I am, however, starting a new blog. It's going to be almost exclusively photos. A few years ago, when I moved to Oklahoma I started a Project 365. I didn't finish it with all the moving around that year brought, but I started one once again. It's going to be a lot of pictures of cats, so I'll warn anyone that happens to read it ahead of time.

See, my husband and I are proud foster parents for a local animal shelter. There are a lot of cats that come in and out of our home, and I love each and every one of them. Don't get me wrong, I adore my dogs too, but it's not fair to them to deal with other animals when they don't even like each other. So, we've restricted ourselves to cats only. Which is perfectly fine with me, cats are easier to deal with on the whole. We had kittens, but we've asked to remain a senior cat/special needs cat haven. I'd love to one day open my very own all breed, all animal rescue, but that's a long way off and something that may never happen.

We had a litter of 3 stray kittens that came to us in July of 2012. A week later, we got a little of 7, which made for 10 kittens total. It was a long 4 months, but we've adopted all but 2 out so far and I'd call that a success. They went from barely having their eyes open and having to be bottle fed, to healthy happy kittens that have found (hopefully) forever homes. It looks like we might have a few more fosters on their way to our house and we're very happy to have them.

Anyhow, here's the new blog should anyone care to see a ton of cat pictures, pictures of my husband, and pictures of my incredibly non-dramatic, yet perfectly fitting life.

http://thepoplinranch.blogspot.com/

No comments: