Monday, July 26, 2010

I need someone to take over.

I am a planner and decision maker by nature. I like being able to nail down all the details of something whether it be tiny or huge. I liek sifting through oodles of information to find the perfect thing. So naturally, this whole wedding thing should come fairly easily .. right?
 
WRONG!
That couldn't be further from the truth. Three weeks into this whole planning business, and I can't even decide the simple things like colors, themes, date! I realize it's been a relatively short period of time .. and if I'm this overwhelmed now I can only imagine how bad it's going to get. I'm fully convinced that I was a Bridezilla long before we even got engaged. I know why those brides turn out that way. I can totally relate.
 
One reoccuring theme that I'm starting to really hate is "Now you can have whatever it was you dreamed about when you were little. So, what is it? Fairytale? Romantic? Beach?" There's one problem with that. I never fantasized about getting married. At least not when I was little. I grew up with a logical and practical mindset so daydreaming about something 20, 30 years down the line just wasn't interesting to me. Come to think of it, I didn't really dream about anything. It just wasn't fun for me. Now that I've got the chance to do that, I can't make a decision to save myself. I constantly ask for opinions, but people seem to be afraid to tell me what they think. Like the whole wedding dress thing. And now it's the same thing but replace dress with venue. Or decor. Or cake. Or colors.
And then when I did half-ass pick a theme, I see people rolling their eyes and sighing. (One of my biggest pet peeves btw.) I'm trying to please everyone, which I am well aware how impossible that is. But it's not entirely possible if attempting to please one aspect of everyone's opinions. Such as having the wedding where the parents want it, satisfying budget, getting the cake that G3PO and I like (After all we're going to have to eat it a year later), so on and so forth.
I'd love to say I had all the answers. I'd love to say that I didn't much care for what other people thought. But I can't. Because I want everyone to be happy.
And in the end .. I'm the one that's not happy. Sigh.

1 comment:

:::b r a n d i::: said...

I'm sorry that you are stressed about it all. It's not easy, nor is it even possible, to please everyone. So keep in mind this: your wedding day is about you and G. No one else. It doesn't matter if anyone likes what you did, had a say in what you did, or even cared. As long as you guys are happy, you can do whatever feels best and works best for you and G. Ultimately, it's about giving your heart to the person you love and all that other crap is just that - crap. If you want to wear a thong bikini an get married in the middle of a McDonalds, you go right ahead. Just make sure you are happy and everything else will fall into place.